This page provides instructions on how to install IBM SPSS Statistics on a computer running Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), or Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra).
Install the IBM SPSS Statistics file you downloaded from software.usc.edu/spss. Double-click the SPSS Statistics Installer icon on your desktop. You may need to authorize the installer.
Enter your computer’s login name and password and then click Install Helper to authorize the installer.
On the IBM SPSS Statistics screen, click OK. On the IBM SPSS Statistics – Introduction screen, click Next. On the IBM SPSS Statistics – Software License Agreement screen, select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
On the IBM SPSS Statistics – Install Python Essentials screen, under Install IBM SPSS Statistics – Essentials for Python, select Yes. Click Next to continue to the next screen.
The following license agreement screen will appear. Select I accept these terms of the License Agreement and click Next to continue with the installation.
A powerful data analysis tool
The IBM SPSS Statistics – License Agreement for Essentials for Python screen will appear , select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next to continue the installation.
- On the IBM SPSS Statistics – Choose Install Folder screen, choose the location where you would like to install SPSS. On the IBM SPSS Statistics – Pre-Installation Summary screen, click Install.
- SPSS will now install. This process takes approximately 2-5 minutes. The IBM SPSS Statistics – Install Complete screen will appear, click Done to finish the installation process and launch IBM SPSS Statistics.
- When you launch IBM SPSS Statistics for the first time, you will see the following screen.
- Click License Product to enter the license key you received from ITS and authorize your copy of IBM SPSS Statistics. NOTE: You must be connected to the Internet to successfully complete the authorization process.
- The License Status screen will appear. On the Product Authorization screen, choose Authorized user license (I purchased a single copy of the product).
and then click Next. On the Enter Codes screen, enter your authorization code. When purchased your software from ITS, you should have received an email with this authorization code.
- Once the authorization process is complete on the Internet Authorization Status screen, click Next.
- On the Licensing Completed screen, click Finish to complete the installation.
- NOTE: ITS suggests you open IBM SPSS Statistics once the installation and authorization has finished to ensure that the software has installed correctly.
- Performs data access, data preparation, reporting, and analysis.
- License:Shareware $4975.
- Latest version:28.0.1. Report incorrect info.
- Process data of all types for statistical analysis. Apply tools for categorization, filtering, editing, and presentation of input content.
Should I download SPSS?
The suite optimizes the structuring and completeness of selected information but also generates and presents reports.
Downloading SPSS 28.0.1 for Mac from the developer's website was possible when we last checked. We cannot confirm if there is a free download of this app available. The most popular versions of the application are 22.0, 21.0 and 20.0.
Please check the Mac app with an antivirus before launch as it is downloaded from the developer's website, and we cannot ensure that it is safe. The software can also be called "SPSS Installer", "SPSS16", "SPSS 11".
The actual developer of this Mac application is IBM Corporation. The application relates to Education Tools.
From the developer:. You’ll have all the basics covered with our complement of standard analytical capabilities.Whether you’re a statistician or other analytics professional or have to analyze data as part of your business responsibilities, the IBM SPSS Statistics Standard Edition offers the advanced statistical procedures you need to make your analysis more reliable, so you reach more dependable conclusions.Address fundamental business and research questions.
- You may want to check out more software for Mac, such as IBM SPSS Statistics, PSPP or Wizard Pro, which might be similar to SPSS.
- SPSS is a statistical analysis software developed by IBM. It features a range of tools that can help companies and individuals gain insights from data. Designed for Mac, SPSS is suitable for both business and research purposes and has a user-friendly dashboard.
- With its help, you can get actionable information for smart decision-making. IBM SPSS download has an integrated platform that helps you understand and solve complex problems. It provides advanced analytics procedures, visualization techniques, and predictive analytics functions. It has a free trial period and supports extensions, as well as various deployment options.
- Furthermore, SPSS download can be extended to include open-source software and can be integrated with big data.
- Owing to its many features, SPSS has become a popular data analysis tool, which is used by individuals and businesses around the world.
The application is easy to use and suitable for all skill levels. It can handle projects of different complexity and can be scaled to suit business requirements.
Thanks to SPSS, organizations handling a lot of data can increase efficiency and decrease risks. They can also use the statistical analytics tool to solve problems and make new discoveries. SPSS Statistics download for Mac has a simple and responsive dashboard that makes it easier for all levels of users to understand and analyze data.