Seeing a yellow warning icon next to RNDIS in Device Manager? Don’t worry… Although it’s incredibly frustrating, you’re definitely not the only person to experience this problem. Many Windows users have reported the very same issue. More importantly, you should be able to fix it pretty easily…
What is RNDIS?
RNDIS is short for “Remote Network Driver Interface Specification”. It is a Microsoft proprietary protocol, which is often used on top of USB. As a protocol, RNDIS provides a virtual Ethernet link to most versions of the Windows, Linux, Android and FreeBSD operating systems.
Use our interactive tool to find and print disinfecting instructions for your Zebra mobile computer, printer or scanner.
If a yellow warning icon appears next to it, it indicates that Windows has identified a problem with it. In most cases, this issue can be fixed after you reinstall or update its driver.
There are two methods to update RNDIS driver:
You can do it manually or automatically.
Pa692 Rndis Driver
Method 1: Manually. You can update RNDIS driver manually in Device Manager. Here is how to do it:
Pa692 Rndis Driver Education
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog. Then type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- In Device Manager, right-click on RNDIS, then click Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to continue.
If Windows find the updated RNDIS driver for you, follow its instruction to install it on your PC. If not, try the next fix, below.
Pa692 Rndis Driver Certification
Method 2: Automatically. If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to download and update RNDIS driver manually, or if Windows did find the updated driver for you, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy.You don’t need to know exactly what system your PC is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
- Downloadand install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update next to Android USB Ethernet/RNDIS to automatically download the correct version of its driver, then you can install it manually. Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. You get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee).If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at [email protected].