Back in the 80s, a comic book artist must have thought something like: "People like dinosaurs and they like sports cars. What could go wrong if we mix them? Nothing really, because the result was a success that would give rise to a great game that even today continues to raise passions. And now we can play it for free on our Android by downloading the APK file.
Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, the mythical beat'em up of the 90s, returns to our lives in mobile format directly out of the arcade machine. And this title turns our Android into a kind of emulator, and we will even have to introduce virtual coins to buy credits and play.
The mechanics remain exactly the same, as it is the game as it is, but in another format. The novelty is that we have touch controls: a virtual joystick, jump button and attack button. The classic dinosaur game with several characters. Our mission is to slap left and right and kill all the enemies, dinosaurs and bosses that appear on the screen as we move through the streets. In addition, we can collect weapons and items and destroy lots of elements of the scenarios.
The experience is still as fun and casual as ever. However, this title has some details that could be improved. For starters, the controls are too big and take up a large part of the screen.
Also, the menus are a bit confusing and there are quite a few ads. But, in general, it is worth playing, if only to remember old times. Minimum operating system requirements: Android 4.4. Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, released in Japan as Cadillacs Kyouryuu Shinseiki (キャディラックス 恐竜新世紀Kyadirakkusu Kyōryū Shinseki?) is an arcade game developed and published by Capcom.
Released in April 1993, it is a side-scrolling beat 'em up based on the American comic book series Xenozoic Tales. The game was produced as a tie-in to the short-lived Cadillacs and Dinosaurs animated series which was aired during the same year the game was released. The game has to date never been ported to any consoles.
Up to three players can play at once, guiding their selected characters through eight stages, battling various enemies and bosses. There are four playable characters, each with their own strengths and weaknesses: Jack (balanced type), Hannah (skill type), Mustapha (speed type), and Mess (power type). The game's titular dinosaurs make appearances as neutral characters that may attack both player characters and enemies.
In Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, the player has access to several attacks.
Each character has two special moves including one that depletes a character's health upon contact with an enemy and when two or more players play together, they can trigger a team-attack.
- Players can also find and use various firearms, throwing weapons such as rocks and explosives, and melee weapons such as clubs.
- The plot is based on the comic Cadillacs and Dinosaurs and takes place in the "City In The Sea" and its neighboring nearby jungle.
- The story starts 500 years from the 20th century, when an ensemble gang called the Black Marketeers begin hunting the dinosaurs to serve their unknown purpose.
- The continuous hunting process has made the dinosaurs violent and now they have started attacking villages and people.
- In order to get things sorted again, mechanic and shaman Jack Tenrec, diplomat and explorer by profession Hannah Dundee, friend and engineer Mustapha Cairo, and mysterious Mess O'Bradovich have decided to team up against the evil deeds of the Black Marketeers.
The protagonists reach "the City in the Sea" where they suspect the whole hunting network being operating from.
- They finds themselves surrounded by Vice Terhune's men as they reach the top of Eastcoast 2513 building.
- Vice orders his men to attack the group to keep them away from the business.